Maximus is currently seeking an IT Technical Writer to support our IRS client. The IT Technical Writer will be responsible for conducting research and liaison with technical staff to ensure accurate interpretation of complex Information Technology Data, process flows and specifications.
Location of work is 100% remote in US.
*Position is contingent on funding.
· Write technical materials, such as equipment manuals, appendices, or operating and maintenance instructions for information technology (IT) projects
· Guide the written work of technical staff, serve as liaison between business and technical aspects of project documentation, and document progress to assure deadlines, are met
· Document the architecture, development, and implementation activities on IT projects
· Create, update, and manage high-quality project documentation that meets IRS acceptance criteria, to include ELC documents, acquisition strategies, use cases, or executive briefings and create/review reports
· Conduct research and ensure the use of proper terminology
· Translate technical information into clear, readable documents for technical and business users
· Ensure consistency, clarity, and quality in and across all types of documentation
· Conduct quality reviews of peer-to-peer and formal code reviews
· Compile reports for results of quality review of formal code reviews
· Engage in formatting, editing, and quality assurance on own work and the work of others
· Receive text from technical staff and rewrite documentation in a clear and concise style
· Provide support for the creation or application of systems analysis techniques and procedures, including consulting with stakeholders, to determine hardware, software, or system functional specifications
· Provide support for the design, development, documentation, and analysis of computer systems or programs, including prototypes, based on, and related to user or system design specifications working with stakeholders
· Improve editorial and visual standards for documents and recommends new designs, layouts and procedures as needed
· Support documenting testing strategies and results within the assigned project(s)
· Work alone and with teams comprised of the primary client and other client stakeholders dispersed across geographical sites
· Provide status reports, attend meetings and take/distribute minutes
· Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university required; an additional four (4) years of related work experience can substitute for a degree
· At least 5 years of experience in IT technical writing and documentation
· Demonstrated writing proficiency for multiple audiences and in multiple modes (reports, meeting minutes, presentations, IT user guides, IT manuals, IT technical specifications)
· Familiarity using Microsoft Products such as Word and PowerPoint as well as Adobe Products
· Experience with Visio
· Proven ability to work on and with teams comprised of the primary client and other client stakeholders dispersed across geographical sites
Additional Requirements as per contract/client:
· Candidates must meet requirements to obtain and maintain an IRS Minimum Background Investigation (MBI) clearance (active IRS Moderate Risk MBI clearance is a plus).
· Candidates must be a US Citizen or a Legal Permanent Resident (Green Card status) for 3 years and be Federal Tax compliant.